Trademark Engine ReviewOverall Ranking: #3
Overall, Trademark Engine is a good choice for trademarking your company name or logo. With affordable pricing and an easy-to-use trademark application system, Trademark Engine ranks well among its peers. Use our side-by-side comparison chart to compare Trademark Engine to the best trademark services before you buy.
Go To Trademark Engine
How much does Trademark Engine charge?
Trademark Engine has 3 Trademark Registration Packages ranging from $99 to $199. The specifics of each package is outlined in detail below.
Basic TM Registration ($99)
Trademark Engine's "Basic" trademark registration package is $99 + USPTO filing fees. The Basic Package includes the following:
- Direct-Hit Search of the Federal USPTO Database which will include misspellings for live and pending applications.
- Professional Preparation of your federal trademark application.
- Digitalization and Formatting of your trademark specimens and designs.
- Electronic Delivery of your trademark application with no need to wait for mail or dealing with paper files. This will qualify you for the reduced government filing fee.
- Secure Online Account with calendar of important dates. Your status, documents, and important deadlines will be available to you 24/7 through your online account.
- Lifetime Customer Support
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Standard TM Registration ($149)
Trademark Engine's "Standard" Package is $149 + USPTO fees and includes the following:
- Everything in the Basic Package PLUS:
- Cease and Desist Letter. A customized form that can be used if someone infringing on your mark.
- Transfer and Assignment Letter. If you need to sell or otherwise convey your mark, you have access to your template that you can further customize to your needs.
- 6 Months of Trademark Monitoring service to notify you of possible infringers of your trademark ($88 value).
Deluxe TM Registration ($199)
Trademark Engine's "Deluxe" Package is $199 + USPTO fees and includes the following:
- Everything in the Basic & Standard Packages PLUS:
- 1 Year of Trademark Monitoring service to notify you of possible infringers. The normal price for our monitoring service is $175. You receive a full year for free.
- 24-hour Expedited Processing of the preparation of your trademark application. Normal processing time is 5 business days in the Basic and Standard packages.
How Fast is Trademark Engine?
Basic ($99) & Standard ($149) trademark applications are processed within 5 business days. The Deluxe ($199) trademark application is processed in 24 hours.
How Easy is Trademark Engine to Use?
We love the look and ease of use of Trademark Engine’s website. They utilize a quick and easy online questionnaire as the basis for registering your name, slogan or logo. They search the federal database for you, and prepare and file your trademark application. In most cases, it only takes a few minutes to complete the process.
Neat Feature #1: Free Trademark Search
You can perform a free trademark search of live or pending trademarks through Trademark Engine.
Neat Feature #2: Electronic Delivery
All Trademark Engine packages come with electronic delivery of your trademark application, which speeds up processing considerably.
Neat Feature #3: Learning Center
It’s clear that Trademark Engine has invested in its Learning Center. This section of the website includes answers to many trademark and copyright questions, as well as a free downloadable Trademark Registration Guide.
Trademark Engine provides a full range of trademark-related services, including Trademark Registrations, Comprehensive Trademark Searches, Trademark Monitoring, Free Trademark Searches, Copyright Registrations and Office Action Responses.
Trademark Engine provides support to its customers via live chat, phone and email.
Trademark Engine was founded by a trademark lawyer, and the company bills itself as a lower-cost solution for companies who do not wish to pay for an attorney. Because Trademark Engine is not a law firm, it does not provide legal advice — and its low costs reflect that distinction.
Most of Trademark Engine’s services are centered on trademark issues. Because of this — and because the company was founded by a trademark attorney — it may have greater expertise in this category of online legal services than companies who provide a very wide range of legal forms and services.
Trademark Engine LLC is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) at the time of writing this Trademark Engine review. On 02/23/2017, the BBB’s Board of Directors revoked Trademark Engine LLC’s accreditation in the BBB. Find out more here. (But don’t give up on Trademark Engine — it still has a lot of great reviews, as noted below.)
Trademark Engine Reviews and Testimonials
We found no Trademark Engine Reviews or Testimonials on the company’s website. However, there were almost 20,000 Trademark Engine reviews on the Shopper Approved website — and most were positive. Overall satisfaction rating was 4.5 out of 5. That’s quite high, especially for such a large number of reviews.
The Trademark Engine Guarantee includes a promise to fully address any questions or concerns and resolve issues to customer satisfaction, at no additional cost. While government fees are not refundable, customers can request refunds of Trademark Engine’s fees via email, if unsatisfied.
In Business Since
According to the Better Business Bureau, Trademark Engine, LLC was founded June 17, 2016.
Trademark Engine has economically priced packages, and we like their added features, like the available Cease and Desist letter. We’re also encouraged by the fact that a trademark attorney founded the website, which lends it an air of credibility. This is bolstered by nearly 20,000 positive reviews for Trademark Engine. We recommend it as a good choice for companies seeking to register a trademark or copyright their work.
"This process was much easier than I thought it was going to be. Website is very user friendly!"-Tonja K.