3 Step Divorce
See our full 3 Step Divorce Review →
See our full LegalZoom Review →
See our full CompleteCase Review →
See our full DivorceWriter Review →
See our full Rocket Lawyer Review →
It's Over Easy
Compare the 4 Best Online Divorce Services
- 9am - 7pm EST (M-F)Phone or Email
- No divorce forms for North Carolina49
- 2 monthly payments of $157 or 3 monthly payments of $109
- If docs rejected by the court due to the fault of 3 Step Divorce, you will be provided a 100% refund.
- Free Will for BOTH spousesFREE Will
- Our Review
- 3 Days
- USPS or FedEx
- 7am - 10pm CST (M - F); 9am - 6pm (Sat & Sun)Phone or Email
- All 50
- Hassle-free revisions for 30 days30 Days
- A+ rating
- If request made within 60 days of purchase.
- Unlike simple do-it-yourself forms, LegalZoom provides a personal review of your work for completeness and consistency after you create your document through the LegalZip® system. Along with a series of automated checks, their document scriveners personally review the answers you provide.Peace of Mind Review
- Our Review
- 8am - 8pm EST (M-F)Phone or Email
- Plus most provinces in Canada.All 50+DC
- Unlimited changes to your forms within 30 days30 Days
- A+ rating
- If the forms are not accepted due to the fault of Complete Case, they will make any changes requested by the court or judge (without charge), or a refund will be issued.
- See Full Review
- Will Prep Services
- Our Review
Editor’s Pick: 3StepDivorce
We selected 3StepDivorce as the best online divorce service. See our 3StepDivorce.com Review for an in-depth review of our pick for best national online divorce forms.
Who has the best online divorce service?
Why use an online divorce service?
How do online divorce services work?
How long does a divorce take?
What is an “uncontested divorce”?
Can I use an online divorce service?
Should I use an online divorce service?
Are online divorce services legit?
Can I file my own divorce papers?
Which spouse pays the divorce filing fee?
Will I be satisfied with an online divorce service?
Save money by purchasing online divorce forms
Buying online divorce forms can save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars. The hourly fees charged by divorce attorneys typically start at $150/hour and can be up to four times this amount for an experienced attorney.
It shouldn’t surprise you that divorce attorneys use forms similar to the divorce forms you are thinking about purchasing.
Divorce forms are only useful in uncontested divorce situations. An uncontested divorce exists when: (1) your spouse agrees to the terms of the divorce decree (this is accomplished by obtaining his/her signature on the actual divorce decree that will be presented to the divorce court); or (2) your spouse fails to file a response in the divorce proceeding. An uncontested divorce exists even if you anticipate having arguments or disputes. The key to having an uncontested divorce and thus saving thousands of dollars is to resolve your differences before the court signs the divorce decree. If the proposed divorce decree presented to the court includes the signature of each spouse, the court will not need to have a trial to determine the terms of the divorce decree.
Most divorce forms will work in the state in which they are advertised to work. The key to being satisfied with your divorce form purchase depends on your personality. For example, if you are inquisitive and like to ask questions, you will want to purchase divorce forms from a publisher that offers customer service. Likewise, if you don’t mind filling in blanks, you can save a few dollars by purchasing do-it-yourself divorce forms.